World-class Designer Conference team is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion.
We embrace and encourage our team’s, including volunteers’, our sponsors’, partners and attendees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
World-class Designer Conference diversity initiatives are applicable—but not limited—to our practices and policies on recruitment of new team members and volunteers; selection of speakers, sponsors and partners and the ongoing development of a collaborative environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity that encourages and enforces:
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all team members and other stakeholders
- Teamwork that is permitting the representation of all groups and perspectives
- Work/life balance through flexible work schedules to accommodate team members’ varying needs
- All team members, including volunteers’, our sponsors’, partners and attendees’ have a responsibility to treat others with dignity and respect at all times
Any team member, including volunteers, found to have exhibited any inappropriate conduct or behavior against others may be subject to disciplinary action.
We believe that actions speak louder than words:
- Our team consists of 4 people coming from 4 different cultures and continents - Brazil, India, Mozambique, Russia.
- Our choice of speakers is aimed to represent as many different mindsets, cultures, perspectives as possible
- We're partnering with organisations that support, spread and drive diversity and inclusion, like-but not limited to-:
- BIPOC communities
- LGBTQ+ communities
- Communities supporting students and/or professionals from Emerging markets
- Women empowerement communities
- Our ultimate mission is to contribute towards a more inclusive and diverse design community by including Africa into global design conversation.
- We're committed to provide access to our conference to those who cannot afford to pay the ticket price through our partnerships with above mentioned communities, as well as our own scholarships.
If you think your organisation or community shares the same values, please reach out to email@example.com